Is Erotic Electrostimulation Safe?
When used in accordance with the instructions, erotic electro-stimulation equipment is not only safe but it’s also fun. All of our stimulators and electrodes are made to the highest standards, with extra safety precautions to ensure your well-being throughout play. When you buy ElectraStim stimulators and electrodes you’re buying high-quality equipment with years of neuromuscular research behind it.
Although the ElectraStim range is not designed for medical use, it has been made in accordance with the European General Requirements for the safety of medical electrical equipment (EN60601-1 and section 2.10 for nerve and muscle stimulators). All of our stimulators and accessories carry the mandatory CE mark.
If your kit is well looked after you shouldn’t experience any problems during play. Check all wires and electrodes before you start for signs of damage and ensure you follow instructions for use to the letter. If any of your equipment is damaged, do not use it. If you believe the damage is due to a manufacturing fault and the products are under warranty, you can contact us for a repair or replacement free of charge.
For the best-possible experience it’s important that you don’t use electrostimulation while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. This will ensure that you’re always in control of play and can deal with any problems should you encounter any. Take things slowly and respect the limitations of your or your partner’s body, let the way you feel be your guide. Should you feel unwell or uncomfortable during use, you should always stop.
Some people should not use e-stim devices as it can aggravate medical conditions or cause complications. Do not use electrostimulation kits if:
– You suffer from any form of heart condition or problem
– You are fitted with an electrical medical device of any form
– You have inflamed, swollen or broken skin
– You are pregnant or think you might be
– You suffer from epilepsy
– You are suffering from any form of penile, vaginal or anal disorders
Other Safety Rules
– Always keep stimulation below the waist and never pass the electrical current across your chest.
– Never use two separate stimulators on the same person, this can be dangerous. If you want to use more electrodes with your stimulator, you should buy a dual-channel unit.
– Do not use internal electrodes such as dildos if you menstruating as the effects will be intensified and the stimulation could aggravate mestrual cramps.
– We recommend not using condoms with electrostimulation devices, so you should be using another method of contraception.
– It is important that you read and understand the instructions for your stimulator and electrodes prior to using them. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Cyrex Ltd. will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, harm or accident resulting from the use of any of its products, howsoever caused. The use of Cyrex and ElectraStim products implies that you have read and understood the instructions prior to use and accept these terms. No medical claims are expressed or implied.